Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I am 29 and No Boys Allowed


I happily lived with my parents until I got married this past August. We totally got along they loved having me there and I loved being there. I didn't have many rules most of my teen years, so they carried on when I was an adult. I could come and go as pleased, I didn't have any chores and best of all I could have people over whenever I wanted. But I did have one rule, no boys allowed in my bedroom. It wasnt because he didnt trust me. He always told me he truested me to make good choices. But he had some very strong ideas of what was and was not approrpiate for a yound lady to do. I guess in a way I agreed with him since I never asked if a guy could come into my room to hang out.
When it snowed here back in January Mr Butterscotch and I spent the night at my parents house (its is closer to both of our jobs). It was really funny having him over. We didn't sleep in my old bedroom since their is no bed but we were camped out in the living room. I had many a slumber party in that living room growing up. As I feel asleep I had a funny though about how he was the first guy to offical have the ok to sleep over. I only had to wait 29 years for that to happen!
Do any of you have a no boys allowed rule until you get married? How do you or your fiance feel about it?

No comments: