Monday, October 1, 2007

Cold hard cash

In some cultures it is a tradition to have a money dance. I love the money dance, and it is culturally expected in Mr Butterscotch family. But we decided early on were not planning on doing a money dance. Personally I felt our guests had "spent" more than enough on us. Just having them at the wedding was really the best gift we could have asked for. But we ended up having one, and I am so glad we did!
As we finished up our first dance one of our groomsmen and his wife (who happens to be from the same culture as Mr Butterscotch) made an announcement that the money dance was next. At that point we were up for anything so it sounded like fun!
Check out the money in my dress!

I started to fun out of place to put the money so I got my sister to hold it while I danced some more.

Whoa!!! One at a time please!



I loved having a money dance because of a few reasons.
1. I got to chat with some guests that I may not have gotten a chance to.
2. Mr B is totally shy so it was so funny seeing him dance with everyone.
3. We both laughed so hard because it was so unexpected.
4. Okay I cannot lie the extra cash was nice to have!


So this is one of those things that I was originally opposed too but ended up doing and I was so happy we did. What is/was there you are/were opposed to doing that is tradition for your culture or family?

No comments: