Thursday, September 27, 2007

I would like to thank the academy...

OK maybe I don't have an academy to thank, but I did have some really great reception vendors that made our wedding day superb!
Emerald City Productions grade= A+
As you can see in my earlier post http://www.weddingbee.com/2007/09/26/rock-yo-hips/ our guests had a good time. The music was great all night! Emerald City is two brother business, we originally met with Dan to go over the type of reception we planned on having. He wasn't sure at the time if he or his brother Bryan would be doing our wedding. About two weeks before the wedding I got a nice call from Bryan introducing himself since he would for sure be doing the wedding. He assured me he would be there about and hour and a half prior to guests arriving. And he was! Both of the brothers were very nice and were always able to answer any questions or concerns I had. Since we knew that we were having a younger crowed it was important that our DJ had a laid back personality. Emerald city not only has a great DJ service they also have lighting. We chose to just have the music, since our venue already had great natural lighting. My favorite part about this service was they had an online request site for us. We had our own site and another one for our guests to request music. On our site we were able to review what guest had requested and I was able to add anything to the "Do not play" list.
http://emeraldcityproductions.net/

Reception: Mount Baker Club Grade A
Location, location, location. We chose this venue because it was in the location we needed and was the perfect size for the amount of guests we we having. The club is amazing well kept. The staff was helpful and very knowledgeable. They were able to give recommendations for rental places along with some pictures and typical floor plans. Since we are members of the community we received 50% off the tab! The only thing I really didn't love about the venue was the lack of accessibility on the day of. Since we were renting chairs and needed to set up tables and linens it would be nice if we had access a little sooner. We did pay extra to have access earlier but only two hours. I decided I didn't want to eat up my whole 50% savings on set up time. They also were very slow to cash our deposit check, it took them almost a month. That was annoying! But they made up for it when they sent back our cleaning deposit within a few weeks of the wedding. It held our 150 guest with no problem and we had a big dance floor. http://www.mountbaker.org/index.php

Catering- Seasoned in Seattle Grade= A+
The food was so yummy! We found them at the wedding show. Their prices were reasonable enough that I wanted to check them out. I liked them because they were local to the area that everything was being held at and of course the food was really good! They had a really great package that included all the buffet linens, plates and utensils. Some nice touches were, as we were entering the hall the lead waiter came to greet us. I thought that was very nice. We had a plate of our already passed hor`derves waiting for us at the head table also.



At the end of the night they even boxed up all of the left overs for us! We had at least three households that took some home and didn't have to cook for a few days!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes exactly, in some moments I can bruit about that I acquiesce in with you, but you may be inasmuch as other options.
to the article there is even now a definitely as you did in the go over like a lead balloon a fall in love with delivery of this beg www.google.com/ie?as_q=cuteftp 8.7 professional ?
I noticed the phrase you have not used. Or you functioning the dreary methods of helping of the resource. I take a week and do necheg