Monday, January 28, 2008

I love you!


Last night Mr Butterscotch and I went out to Target to get some snacks for the movie we were going to see (his movie pick night, Meet the Spartans, here we come!). While he was scanning the DVD section he pointed out a movie called Paris, je t'aime. I was so excited for many reason, it made me think of his proposal, showed he was thinking about something that was special to us and I love looking at a French words and actually knowing what it means!
During the movie I started to think about Valentines day. I know its 3 weeks away but since this is our first as a married couple I want to do something special for him, that won't break the bank. Yes, that is right I think I will actually make him something. Why not?!? I already have my crafty hat on thinking of my cards for the valentines card swap.
With my intermediate French skills in mind I started to think about how do you say I love you in different languages? After a little digging I found a few I thought I would share with all of you! I will be sure to show you what I end up doing with all my new words of love!
What language do you tell you honey you love him in? Any special phases you can share with me!
Albanian - Te dua
Arabic - Ana behibak (to male)
Arabic - Ana behibek (to female)
Armenian - Yes kez sirumen
Bulgarian - Obicham te
Cantonese/Chinese Ngo oiy ney a
Corsican - Ti tengu caru (to male)
Croatian - Volim te
Czech - Miluji te
Danish - Jeg Elsker Dig
Dutch - Ik hou van jou
Estonian - Ma armastan sind
Ethiopian - Ewedishalehu : male/female to female
Farsi - Doset daram
Filipino - Mahal kita
Finnish - Mina rakastan sinua
French - Je t'aime, Je t'adore
Gaelic - Ta gra agam ort
German - Ich liebe dich
Greek - S'agapo
Hawaiian - Aloha wau ia oi
Hebrew - Ani ohev otah (to female)
Hebrew - Ani ohev et otha (to male)
Hindi - Hum Tumhe Pyar Karte hai
Hmong - Kuv hlub koj
Hungarian - Szeretlek
Icelandic - Eg elska tig
Indonesian - Saya cinta padamu
Inuit - Negligevapse
Irish - Taim i' ngra leat
Italian - Ti amo
Japanese - Aishiteru
Korean - Sarang Heyo
Latin - Te amo
Latvian - Es tevi miilu
Lebanese - Bahibak
Lithuanian - Tave myliu
Mandarin Chinese - Wo ai ni
Moroccan - Ana moajaba bik
Nahuatl - Ni mits neki
Navaho - Ayor anosh'ni
Nepali - Ma Timilai Maya Garchhu
Norwegian - Jeg Elsker Deg
Pig Latin - Iay ovlay ouyay
Polish - Kocham Cie
Portuguese - Eu te amo
Russian - Ya tebya liubliu
Spanish - Te quiero / Te amo
Surinam- Mi lobi joe
Swahili - Ninapenda wewe
Swedish - Jag alskar dig
Swiss-German - Ich lieb Di
Tajik Man turo Dust Doram
Tagalog - Mahal kita
Taiwanese - Wa ga ei li
Tahitian - Ua Here Vau Ia Oe
Tamil - Naan unnai kathalikiraen
Telugu - Nenu ninnu premistunnanu
Thai - Chan rak khun (to male)
Thai - Phom rak khun (to female)
Turkish - Seni Seviyorum
Ukrainian - Ya tebe kahayu
Urdu - mai aap say pyaar karta hoo
Vietnamese - Anh ye^u em (to female)
Vietnamese - Em ye^u anh (to male)
Welsh - 'Rwy'n dy garu
Yiddish - Ikh hob dikh
Yoruba - Mo ni fe
Zimbabwe - Ndinokuda
For the full list go to http://www.theholidayspot.com/valentine/wish101languages.htm

No comments: