Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I promise I will not haunt you!

Last night while Mr Butterscotch and I watched basketball on tv I saw a commercial for Eva Longeria Parker (aww cute she added his name)new movie called "Over Her Dead Body". From what I gathered by the preview it is about a woman who is accidentally on the day of her wedding by an ice sculpture. Ouch! After Eva death her friend begins to date her now widowed fiance. Eva's character then haunts the couple. Cute way to make a morbid topic fun, right?

Mr Butterscotch and I have talked about the "what ifs" of our lives. Also last week I was talking to him about Miss Lovebug post with the scary mount lion incident. What if one of us were tragically killed the other could remarry with my blessings. But what if I were to die of natural causes! I know most people would say "of course he/ they can remarry or date if I pass away". Well sorry I don't want him to date for like 10 years! Ok maybe not 10 years... 9 years and 11 months is great plenty. And of course I promised him I would not haunt him when he started to date. Ok I don't want him to be sad and alone but I guess I don't have a magic number in my mind that makes it ok.
Much to his annoyance (after all he was watching basketball) I started to talk about what I think would be a respectable amount of time for him to begin looking for love again, what we would do if one was in a comatose state and even where our final resting place should be. We haven't done our will's yet since we do not have children and all of our property is shared. I know it seems morbid, but I always rather be prepared a little than have no idea what we would want if that were to happen. This is also another reason why I insist no matter how busy or mad we are we always say "I love you" and a kiss before we walk out the door.
How about you and your significant other, have you talked about the "what ifs"? Do you have a magic number for when they could start dating if you were to pass away first?

1 comment:

Sarah said...

We're going the Romeo & Juliet route, he wouldn't want to live without me anyways. Just kidding :o) Interesting question!