Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Nope, I dont need any help, thanks...

I admit it I am an organized bride! I like being organized. I knew we had almost a year to plan the wedding so I started planning early. I set a deadline of last weekend to have it all done and if it wasn't done well...too late. And I was able to get it all done just as I had planned. And now in my last week of planning I am getting tons (more than normal) amounts of friends wanting to help with unfinished stuff. I feel bad because I just keep telling them "nope, I don't need any help, thanks. I finished that a few weeks ago." Maybe I should have waited....anyways, as I sat alone on the couch relaxing on Sunday watching We go bridal Sunday and the style network wedding marathon, it dawned on me, what the heck will I do with my allotted weekend wedding time? I mean I have had things planned revolving around DIY projects, tastings, fittings for months. And now I am sitting at home eating fat free vanilla ice cream (can't eat the real stuff for another week :()watching bridal shows galore. I started to cry because this was it! My last Sunday, and tomorrow would be my last Monday and soon Tuesday. My final week as a engaged person was counting down. My perfect engaged time would be metamorphosing into a marriage. Shortly after Mr Butterscotch surprised me and came home early, he just took one look at me (did I mention, I looked like a crazy person, ratty hair, glasses, PJ's with huge flowers, basically I was a hot mess!) anyways, he just looked at me and laughed which made me laugh. He saw I what I was watching, came over gave me a kiss and decided I needed to get out the house. Ahhh....just what I needed.
Has anyone else had a had their pre-wedding breakdown? How bad was yours?

1 comment:

bride of rochester said...

i'm having it today. one of my vendors pulled out in an unpleasant way. ugh.