Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Morning sadness

As of yesterday the Butterscotch's have been married for one full month. I am loving all the extra moments we share together now. The only thing I am not loving is when I have to leave in the morning and he is still sound asleep. Most day we leave at the same time but his days off fall on days I have to work. So on those mornings it is so hard for me to leave. I just want to stay in bed all snuggled up and warm next to him. I get a pain in my heart when I leave. I finally fessed up to his about my morning sadness and he just kissed me on my forehead and said "I like it when you leave, I can stretch out" But then he laughed and gave me a kiss. Between us, I don't think he was joking!
Does anyone else have this problem?

2 comments:

bride of rochester said...

Hahaha! Here's my problem-- I love to snuggle but do the same thing-- stretch out all over the place if I'm in bed after he gets out. I love it! Don't get me wrong, I love him to pieces... but I LOVE to lay in bed all by myself, too!

Anonymous said...

Yes! I have this same thing with my boyfriend of nearly 6 years. I get really sad and keep finding excuses not to leave the house until I force myself to go. Although when he goes I am so pleased I can stretch out :)

We were talking about whether couples would truly prefer to go to sleep with someone there but then sleep alone with all the space for the rest of the night if they were honest... Maybe the only good answer is that one of you always leaves first in the morning :)