Friday, September 21, 2007

I love sweets!

I love things that are sweet to the taste buds. So a good tasting cake was important to me, more so than the design of the cake. I hate cakes that are too dry or frosting that are too sweet, ugh, nothing is worse than a unappetizing cake. Luckily I was able to find a baker that not only made delicious cakes but also very pretty cakes. Despi Delite Bakery on Beacon hill in Seattle made our wedding cake a hit! I met with the baker Christian a few months prior to the wedding date. I showed him the design I wanted. http://www.weddingbee.com/2007/07/10/butterscotch-my-cake-version-10
Funny thing actually happened when I went in. As we were talking he asked what middle school I went to, turns out we went to school together same class and everything (small world). Anyways, Christian assured me he could come up with the cake of my dreams, he gave us some great suggestions. We had a layers of white and chocolate. Here is what our cake looked like. I wish you could have tasted it!

If I may toot my own horn for a moment, check out my DIY cake topper. I had a lot of love for that damn thing, and it turned out exactly how I wanted it.

These pictures are so funny, I didn't see the kids doing this until I got my proofs back...



Bad kids! :)

No comments: