Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Posed vs. Candid

I wanted really wanted a mixture of both posed and candid shots throughout the day. We all have seen the wedding albums were it is just page after page of forced poses. No matter how many times I watch Top Model I still don't have my model pose totally perfected. So rather than worry about that I wanted to make sure we had many candid pictures throughout the wedding. I really want to be able to look at our pictures in 50 years and have them look like a day in motion.
But then I started thinking the benefits of having posed pictures can also be timeless if done in a natural way. I was very lucky to have a good photographer that made this happen. I had a mental list of posed pictures I wanted captured beyond the bride and groom shots. For example I really wanted to be able to capture all of our families together, my siblings and I needed a new picture together as well and a individual shot of us with each bridal party member.
Then their is was grey area of pictures types that i didn't know about until I started to take my pictures. They are I will loosly call posed candid. They are pictures that look candid but they are actually somewhat posed.
When you hire/hired your photographer what style of photographs did you request more or less of?
Here are a some of my favorite posed and candid pictures.
I love this one because it is posed (Tor asked me to stop and look back), but it looks somewhat candid(mostly cause I didn't know what I was doing :)).

Posed sibling picture

Then candid ones when we went looking


This was during a bridal shot when our niece decided she wanted to run and play so it turned into a candid!

This is a posed bridal group shot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Correctly your article helped me terribly much in my college assignment. Hats incorrect to you send, choice look audacious for the duration of more interdependent articles promptly as its united of my pet issue to read.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.