Monday, June 4, 2007

Long time no blog

Sorry I have been away. My wonderfully amazing Uncle Darien who was battling lung cancer passed away just about two weeks ago. He was only 45 and never smoked a day in his life. The only thing that has given us peace is to know he is no longer in pain. I had originally planned to make donations instead of favors at the wedding. I was hoping that I could have his say in honor rather than in memory. I am grateful that I am able to donate to hopefully help another family going through this. Personally I think donations is much more useful than a favor. We are already feeding the guest a full and yummy meal, not to mention how grateful we are everyone can be with us on the day. So I wanted to memorialize the three uncles that are no longer with us. What do you think? Do you love getting favors at weddings or do you appreciate a donation more?

1 comment:

AshleyHami said...

Hey Still A Miss, I think that is a lovely idea for a favour. We have decided to give boxes of Junior Mints, but are also considering making a donation to the BC Children's Hospital or to the SPCA (we are animal lovers!).

Also, thanks for stopping by my blog! I highly recommend the napkins from foryourparty - you can make various designs using different colours etc and see them before you order! Very rad! I think the quality of the cocktail napkins is great as well - they are by no means flimsy and are fairly thick-ish. By the time I ordered them, they took about a week and a half to arrive. This includes getting stuck at the border for an extra day, you should have them in no time!

Did you get your e-ring from bluenile too? Have you decided on a band yet?

TTYL!