Friday, June 15, 2007

A penny saved is a penny earned...

That is my motto when it comes to some wedding items. Sure I was willing to drop a small fortune when it came to my venue and dress, but luckily I didn't have to on either. So whenever I see a chance to save a few pennies I go for it. For example my flower girl dresses. We waited until after Easter to find the dresses. Well although that was a good plan in theory it did still have a few bumps. My girls are my sister 9years old and our niece 1 1/2 years old. So that is about a size 8 and 2T. I found my sister one dress at JcPenny on sale for $29 originally $59! It's a plain white dress so I felt $29 was a great price. And I added some customizations to the dress to give it some pizazz! What do you think? I also made our ring pillow in the same material. The material was also on sale and I had my 40% off coupon from JoAnn's so for the 3 yards I bought it was only $4 for silk!
Before


And After


The fabric and the ring pillow

1 comment:

Andrea said...

So cute! I love that fabric :-) Thanks for checking out my blog! I didn't realize you could link them til recently..hehe...Good luck on your wedding! Mine is Aug 25th!