Thursday, June 28, 2007

Third time is a charm

This is my third attempt of writing out my budget. Why three times you say? Each time I would start I would get to the point of remembering something not done or someone not called. I would think about saving what I had done but then disheartened by the massiveness of what I have yet to do. Hence why this is my third time at this. But Finally I am at a point that I don't care what I have left to do! I am going to be strictly positive about what I have accomplished. And I have accomplished a lot (see positive thinking already at work). I will make this as reading friendly as possible. Please keep in mind we are not quite married yet so some numbers are the estimate. Our budget was loosely set at 12,000 with a 150ish guests.

Reception Venue $1150 tables included *discounted rate since we are members of the community.
Church $950 including pastor, building fee & coordinator
Pianist $150
Dress $1600 with alterations
Veil $25
Shoes $40
Hair $230 with trail a few weeks prior
Make-up $30
Garter $12
Groom tux Free! Gotta love Men's wWearhouse!
BM gift also Free! My grandma made each girl an crocheted afghan.
GM gifts $100 total
Parents gifts $150
Invitations and Programs DIY $450
Favors fans with menu & donation info $50
Donation to charities as favors $200
Chartering $4500 Full dinner buffet. including plates, flatware, glasses and waiters
Rentals $750 chairs and linens
Cake $300
Cake Topper $50 DIY
Flowers $1600
Photographer $2400
Videographer Free We are having a family friend do it and then we will edit it later.
DJ estimated $800 *due to a family emergency we are looking for a DJ still so this is my max amount I would like to spend.
Photo Guest book $35
Flower girl dresses $80 *apx for two
Flower girl baskets $20 for two
Petals for aisle $100
Total cost of wedding to-date 15,772

Memories that will last a lifetime...Priceless. :)

Ok so we are over budget, but as I said in the beginning our budget was loose and I knew I would have some wiggle room. I went over on my estimated photographer, DJ and floral costs. I really did do a lot of research and tried to get the most bang for my buck on all aspects of the wedding.
I didn't include the rings because they were not really a "wedding day" expense in my mind. I also didn't include the honeymoon or rehersal dinner costs because they too were not a "wedding day" expense in my mind.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Ugh I just tried to do mine too and I keep thinking of more things! I hate putting it all on paper :-)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Film Scholar said...

no gifts for the honorary groomsmen? what the hell!