Thursday, March 8, 2007

Paper!!!!


My paper is in! Believe it or not I am making the invitations myself. Doing them myself allowed me to get exactly what I wanted. I looked at many pre-made invites but they just didn’t offer the feel that I really wanted.
I am using two different brands of paper. Envelopment's kyanite and Stardream Sapphire. I picked out the papers that I liked at paperzone and decided I had months and months before I needed to actually buy anything. WRONG! Paperzone ended up discontinuing that sapphire color. Luckily I was able to find out just as they started marking down their stock. I got all of my Sapphire paper on sale!
The Kyanite is much more lilac toned than this will show. But the other lavender and lilac colors they offer are too purple and didn’t look good with my already purchased sapphire. When I put the Sapphire next to the kyanite they just went so well together. Both colors are metallic so they have an extra sparkle to them. I was worried that for a summer wedding the sapphire will make everything too dark so I decided to use the sapphire as an accent color instead of a primary.
Envelopment's are more money that I ideally would have wanted to spend but I was able to order my paper while my local distributor (packaging specialties) was having a sale. 15% off when you bring in 4 rolls of toilet paper that they will donate to a local woman shelter. And if you order 100 or more of the item you get another 10% off normally. So with a savings of 25%! The price was cut down so it was right within my original budget.
I am getting my paper cut down this weekend and the assemble line will start later this month. Now I get to spend a few quality hours with my best friend Lena as we start to put them together.
I should have a finished one to show you later this month!

No comments: