Friday, March 23, 2007

Sports widow

I recently saw a segment on TV about sports widows. And I sure could relate to these women. My wonderful fiancé loves and I mean LOVES sports. Football and basketball are the main two. I never imagined that I would have to compete with sweaty men for his attention. But I do. And I normally do it willingly. Since I already have my frilly under things picked out, now I have moved my attention to the world of garters. As I looked through various sites and stores I have found that like wedding cakes the sky is the limit to what you can do with your garter. So far my front runner is a sports themed garter with our college alma mater as the theme. What do you think? Also do you like the idea of a gater or you think they are just a waste of money?

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Well, do you plan on throwing your garter? If so, get a different cheap one. I'd say it's an unnecessary expense but at the same time it's a fun keepsake. The one I wore was made by my great grandma and is the same one my mom wore so she wanted it back, but I'll get it someday :o) and I'll hopefully I'll hand it down to my daughter!

Sarah said...

I don't think I worded that right... I meant you should get a cheap one to throw and then a nicer one, as well, if you want to keep it.