Thursday, March 22, 2007

How Steel Magnolias Inspired Me



One of my favorite movies is Steel Magnolias. If you haven’t seen it, then I will not ruin the ending. But in it there is a wedding being planned Julia Roberts character Shelby has a divine southern wedding planned with her colors of blush and bashful. Which in reality are two shades of pink. One scene has the characters discussing the groom’s cake. Shelby aunt has offered to make a devils food cake in the shape of an armadillo! A lot of southern traditions don’t get used here in Seattle but I just casually mentioned to the groom what he would think about a groom’s cake. He thought it would be OK only when I said we could do something fun with it. Like something with our college Alma mater. But then I saw this online and he loved the idea.


We haven’t really officially decided if this will even be done, basically we still need to see if it would be a pointless waist of money. But his enthusiasm over it was so funny to me.

No comments: