Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Everyone is booked

That is right, I have every vendor booked! Phew! And with less than a month to spare. I just confirmed with the DJ that it is all set and I will have music at the reception. We are meeting with him tonight. I considered having a band but since we are much more of a R&B/Hip hop couple a DJ was the best way to go. I really considered a lot when choosing this important role at the reception. It had to be someone that didn't annoy me and definitely not cheesy. I actually saw on one web site "Our DJ will ever put on a gold vest and help encourage non-dancing guests onto the dance floor" AHHHH!!!! That is my wedding nightmare.
I really like the DJ we hired because they gave us a flat rate for the reception. Most places added on time per hour over 4 or 5 hours. And our DJ is an actual full entertainment service so they also had lighting. I decided to currently pass on the lighting but I can always change my mind. They have a great site that we can have our wedding music preset and even pick out our songs like on itunes. Most importantly they are non-cheesy. Now we get to finalize our wedding song. We have so many songs that bring back great memories that it is really hard to pick just one. I want something timeless to us. Only a few more weeks to go and I will be twirling around on the dance floor at my wedding reception!

No comments: