Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Sit down and shut up!

With our wedding about one month away we (and when I say we, I mean me) have now started to get the so can I bring a date? And from who you may ask. Family members (and when I say family members I mean my family)! And it's family members that are in no way paying for this wedding. My wonderful father is paying for this wedding from top to bottom and he has had no requests from me, well just one and that was to make sure I didn't spend too much. Now in the last week I have had at least three different people ask to bring a date or a friend. My answer each time is "No, I am sorry we don't really have room". Which is so true. But I really want to say "No, just sit down and shut". Followed by the lecture of "this day is about people that are important to us being there to share our special day and support us in our life long journey, blah blah blah". My RSVP are due back in about two weeks and even then I still have a "B" list of people we are waiting to bump up. People that we like but were not sure if they would be in town in August. So- No you cannot bring the hot date your hoping to get lucky with, and no your best friend from high school that you haven't seen in 40 years cannot come and I am sure your boss that I have never met is great but NO THEY CANNOT COME TO OUR WEDDING! Ah, that felt much better. Why do people feel that it is OK to pester the soon to be wed with their requests so close to the darn wedding day? What are some of your guest requests that people are asking you that is making you pull your hair out?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hurray for another 8/11/07 bride! be sure to take time for yourself & for your fiance. lots of luck to you in your last weeks *gulp* :)

Linda said...

Sometimes people just don't get it! I guess they think that if they beg enough they'll get on the list! Good job not injuring any of them who have asked! :)

bride of rochester said...

oh god, i am dreading the day when we get this question... we're 8/25, so YAY! August brides!