Monday, July 23, 2007

Hair Trial

This past Saturday I went in and had my hair trial. I had a slight advantage because I use to work in the salon I was going to while I was in college. I need to have someone that is ok with working on African American hair. Sure some people think just because they can work with curly hair they can also do my type of hair, but that just isn't always the case. I knew I wanted Tim to do my wedding hair for the past 5-6 years. While I was working there this girl came into the salon for an prom updo. Her hair was thicker and longer than mine. She looked like a lion! She sat down in Tim's chair and about and 45 minutes later she was done and she looked amazing! At that moment I told Tim "one day you are doing my hair for my wedding" fast forward many years later to this Saturday afternoon. I had my hair accessory and pictures in hand. The moment I sat down in Tim's chair and showed him what I wanted to do he was sure we could achieve the look I wanted. Here are the pictures I showed him.


Yep the famous Jessica Alba Oscar moment. I just loved this hair! It was classic and I figured it would work with my long face. Here is what I got. *WARNING- I had been packing all day so I look a little oogie in the face but focus on the hair.





I will be playing with veil placement more but here is the front so you can get an idea.

I love it! Tim did a wonderful job and this was just the trial.
Now a quick second review in case anyone likes my hair comb. I got it at this great store out in Tukwila call All About Weddings. They are wonderful! The staff is beyond helpful and knowledgeable about their products and all things wedding related. Their web site http://www.allaboutweddingsnw.com/ doesnt really offer much but that will just mean you should go stop in the store :). Here is a picture of my comb.

3 comments:

bride of rochester said...

could you be any cuter? GORGEOUS hair. it's actually very similar to what i am looking for (yet another reason for me to be impressed). It suits you beautifully!

Anonymous said...

I love it!

Unknown said...

Lovely! Your hair looks great, and I do love the comb!