Thursday, July 19, 2007

My cake final draft

I dropped off my final design for my baker last week. My original cake version 1.0 design was a little too light for my taste. My BM Kori was able to tweak the colors and here is the final pattern.
*the colors appear darker than they are
The color is actual a really jewel toned blue. This is just the bottom and middle layer.

I also mentioned before that I got the idea from the knot magazine. Well I was able to get the original picture back and the cake I saw was by JollyBe bakery located in NY. Her cakes are so pretty. They are hand painted and the designs she has on her website are amazing! Here is the original cake from the magazine.

I think my friend did a great job replicating the pattern! I can't wait to see it next month.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful -- What a fantastic design!