Monday, July 30, 2007

Maybe...

This past Saturday was our rsvp due date. Out of 160 invited we have 4 no’s, 5 maybes and 10 no reply. The no reply are the least of my concerns, we can call them to find out if they can attend. It’s the “maybes” that had me concerned. You notice I say had. Our final count is due to the caterer this week so a maybe is just too up in the air, I need a yes or a no. So yesterday as I watched a marathon of “whose wedding is it anyways” I got some great tips on how to deal with the maybes and unexpected guests.
Since the maybes were friends of mine I basically said “I would love you to come, but, I am turning in a final count to the caterer, you will be first on my list to show the photos to from our big day!” After I did this I felt better, If they were able to give me a for sure answer of yes or no then great but if there plans were still up ion the air, well then, sorry (the extra plate can be $$$ in our pockets). I didn’t feel guilty or impolite, just relieved that I was now on my way to getting my final count.
Does anyone else have any good suggestion on how you have dealt with your “maybes”?

No comments: