Friday, July 13, 2007

Fanfare

Back when I was first began planning I decided to dip my toes into the do-it-yourself world. I mean I had plenty of time, right? I set my game plan and decided to do the cake topper, invitations, programs and menu cards/donation favor. Whoa! How the months have flown by! But finally I finished my wedding fan favors. I had always planned on doing donation favors but wasn't sure how I would present it to the guests. We knew we wanted to do something to honor the Butterscotch's uncles that were no longer with us. But so many of the ideas were swimming in my head, as I have mentioned before last year we had record heat in August. That is when I put the idea together to make fan favors. Ta dah...
The paper and punch mimic the same that I used in the invitations. This is the menu side. Yummy....Doesn't it sound good!

This is the donation favor side, I found some great wording suggestions from the actual charities and from other brides.

At the bottom of each fan I drilled a tiny hole in each craft stick. Threaded some ribbon and added an Eiffel Tower charm.

Put a little old fashioned Elmer's glue and there it is, one donation fan.
Cost breakdown per fan
Stardream Sapphire (discontinued from Paper Zone) .24 per A7 card stock
Stardream Opal (discontinued from Paper Zone) .24 per A7 card stock *later cut down at costco at no charge
Craft sticks .05 ($3.99 for 75 at Joanne)
Eiffel Tower charm .42 cent at shipwrecked beads
Glue & ribbon were free already had some
Total 0.95 per fan
WOW!!!! What a savings! Now we have taken our allotted traditional favor budget and used it for a donation towards our chosen charity. The savings is great, but what we are really hoping is that more research will help save lives.
How did you choose you favor for your guests?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

They look fantastic! By the way, thanks for your comment about my storyboard -- I'm really thrilled with how it turned out.

I have a quick question for you about the Stardream Sapphire paper. I want to use a metallic dark blue cardstock for my Save the Dates, and I'm trying to decide between Lapis Lazuli and Sapphire. In your pictures, the Sapphire looks dark, but in online pictures it looks more like a medium blue. What do you think about the color? Thanks!

Linda said...

Those are soo adorable! Great Job on them!

bride of rochester said...

great idea-- and they are absolutely beautiful.

we are doing cd programs. we are buying numerous copies of the music off of itunes and then burning each one five times to make it legit & paid for. we both love music and it was very important to us that we gave cds. however, we haven't even agreed on the music yet-- we're totally screwed on time!