Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Mi casa es su casa


Ok so our house is not the white house....But in my mind our first home will be just as grand.
And in a few short days we finally are closing on our first house! So exciting! We have never lived together so this will be such a fun new journey for us as a newly married couple. I had some serious anxiety about being a home owner but Mr Butterscotch held my hand through the whole process and now I am over the moon with joy! And believe it or not buying a house was less stressful than parts of planning our wedding have been.
Where are you planning on living once you have tied the knot? Or if you already live together, what is the one tip you can give us for this big adjustment?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

My fiance and I have been living in my (very small!) condo together for about three months now. It's been on the market for almost a month, and as of last night, it's under contract!

So, we're about to start house hunting for *our* first home together. Even though we've lived together for a few months, it's been an uncomfortable adjustment. Just about everything he owns is in storage -- but the end is in sight, and we can't wait!

If I have any advice to offer, it's this: make sure that both of you communicate well about your expectations for housework. He's home a lot more than I am, so the bulk of the housework has fallen to him, and he definitely resents that. I've gotten better about picking up the slack when I am around, but I also make clear what my expectations are. You're never going to get it right on the first try -- expect the learning curve!

Anonymous said...

oh wow, congrats! How were yall able to find somethin in this expensive housing market?! Where about in the Seattle area?

Still a Miss. said...

We actually had to move a little further south than Seattle. But we got a lot of bang for our buck. I will get your email info from Tim so you can come over when we have a house warming sometime in October hopefully!

bride of rochester said...

i'm jealous!